One of the worlds best!!
Unawatuna is a sleepy fishing village situated a small distance from the city of Galle. With 2 km of unspoilt sands Unawatuna beach will never be overcrowded. Fringing the beach on the west side are a collection of beachside bars and restaurants serving drinks and meals. A reef on the West side of the beach creates a sheltered bay safe for swimming & snorkelling – equipment may be hired from VIP. The average water temperature is delicious 27 ° C.
Along the seafront there are many beachside bars and restaurants all serving very good food straight from the fisherman’s net.
Things to do in Unawantuna
- Catamaran trip to Jungle beach
- Look for wildlife in jungle round and about
- Eat out and relax in the beach side bars
- Yoga Ayurvedic Medicine
- Visit beaches at Mirissa
Day Trip Ideas
- Turtle reserve Rekawa
- Galle Fort for Cricket or Shopping
- Sinharaja or Uda Walawe National Park
- Surfing at Midigama
- Scuba Diving